Saturday, June 19, 2010

SECRET SISTERS By Tristi Pinkston

From the back of the book:
Ida Mae Babbitt, president of the Omni 2nd ward Relief Society, didn't mean to become a spy. But when visiting teaching stats are low and she learns that one family under her care is in financial trouble, she'll do whatever it takes to make sure they have what they need. If that includes planting surveillance cameras in their home and watching them from a parked car in the woods, well, isn't that what any caring Relief Society president would do?

With the help of her counselors Arlette and Tansy, Ida Mae soon learns that there's more to the situation than meets the eye. It's all in a day's work for the Relief Society.

This was a fun book. I loved their adventures and it made me laugh to picture them bugging a house in one breath and then baking cookies or knitting stockings in the next.
As I read I pictured a Relief Society President we had in our ward  few years ago. I could so see her in Ida Mae's place.
If you want a fun quick read, I would recommend Secret Sisters by Tristi Pinkston. I am looking forward to the next volume of this series.
You can find it at Deseret Book, Seagull Book and http://valorpublishinggroup.com/ , you can also check inter library loan.
To learn more out Tristi Pinkston and her other books
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

No doubt, we will yet have Miltons and Shakespeares of our own. But such literary greatness will be achieved only by great souls. Our religion is capable of cultivating those great souls; and it shall.

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however occasionally receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.

My Blog List