Sunday, May 15, 2011

GIFTED By KAREY WHITE

About the Book:
Susan and Brent Weller have been married for several years and have been unable to have children. They adopt Anna, a beautiful baby girl orphaned in a terrible car accident. As Anna grows, Susan and Brent discover that she's blessed with unusual gifts that both bless and complicate their lives.

When Anna starts school, she meets Kelsey, a scared, poor and terribly neglected little girl who finds love and acceptance from Anna and her parents. As the years pass, Susan and Brent do their best to provide Anna with a normal, happy childhood, even as they feel a responsibility to protect her from having her special gifts exploited. But with maturity comes independence and Anna begins to make choices that threaten to shatter Susan and Brent's happy and comfortable life. Will Susan and Brent be able to protect their daughter or will her choices change all their lives forever?
I loved Gifted by Karey White. It was a wonderful story about family and friendship.
Anna totally stole my heart and even though in the beginning I thought the gifts Susan thought she saw were just the imagination of a doting Mother, it soon became clear that Anna did have something special about her.
I loved that she could accept Kelsey and love her so easily.
I felt for Susan and Brent in their dilemma about how to raise Anna as a happy normal child. Their generosity in giving  love and needed physical items to make her life better was an inspiration.
I would recommend this to anyone, adult or teen, but have a box of Kleenex handy, you will need it.
To learn more about Karey White CLICK HERE
You can find Gifted by Karey White at http://www.deseretbook.com/ and http://www.amazon.com/ in paperback and Kindle form. You can also check out inter library loan.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great book, Mary. Thanks for the review and the time you took to write down your opinion.
    Anna del C.
    Author of "Curse of the Elfs"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and thanks for spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your review of "Gifted" I think I'll have to read it, now.

    ReplyDelete

No doubt, we will yet have Miltons and Shakespeares of our own. But such literary greatness will be achieved only by great souls. Our religion is capable of cultivating those great souls; and it shall.

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however occasionally receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.

My Blog List