Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SCOTLYN KNIGHTESS OF THE DRAGON BY DEIRDRA EDEN COPPEL

A beautiful young woman in 12th century England desires to serve her country by becoming a knight long before the days of equal rights.

Scotlyn, Knightess of the Dragon is a fantasy adventure of a young woman in the final years of 12th century England.

Scotlyn's story, woven against a historical backdrop, takes her from a child to womanhood. Scotlyn desires to serve her country by becoming a knight long before the days of equal rights. She overcomes many adversaries with the aid of her friends, Ruburt, a dwarf, and Cassi, a pixie. Amidst the political turmoil of this time, Ireland's Prince John takes control of England and calls for, "Knights to arms!" Disguised as a man, Scotlyn answers that call. John, impressed with whom he thinks is a man, takes Scotlyn into his confidence.

Although he later discovers her true identity, she is granted her well-earned title of "Lady Knight." Scotlyn's hopes of a happily-ever-after are shattered when she encounters a demon force from the underworld working to destroy mankind and those plotting a political conspiracy against the kingdom. Through her adventures Scotlyn discovers she has several guardians, Woldor the Wise, a kind old dragon and a handsome mysterious archer with unearthly gifts and talents. Scotlyn must rely on a higher power to overcome fear, discouragement and temptation.
I read this book in a raw form about 2 years ago, and enjoyed it. Since then with the help of some well known published authors she has made some changes that makes it even better. I am looking forward to reading the new and improved version.


Deirdra is the author of 4 books Scotlyn is her first. She is offering it free on http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=10253 just click read book. She is asking if you would to add her book to your bookshelf.
To quote Deirdra:
" The more times my book is placed on someone’s “bookshelf” the better chance I have of getting picked up by an agency or publisher.
Last night when I went to bed “Scotlyn, Knightess of the Dragon” was in the top 5000 books this morning when I woke up I was number 1987 this afternoon I am at 1545 . The competition gets harder from here because there are so many wonderful books out there. I’m hoping to knock all the books about sex, drugs and homosexuality off the shelves. I would really like to be in the top 100 books and feel that if I have the support from friends and family in spreading the word I will be able to reach this goal."


This video shows some of the art work Deirdra did for this book.

click here for Deirdra's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No doubt, we will yet have Miltons and Shakespeares of our own. But such literary greatness will be achieved only by great souls. Our religion is capable of cultivating those great souls; and it shall.

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: I do not receive any money for my posts. I do however occasionally receive the review products at no charge to evaluate and express my opinion.

My Blog List