In this stunning exposé, bestselling author Edward Klein—a contributing editor to Vanity Fair, former foreign editor of Newsweek, and former editor-in-chief of the New York Times Magazine—pulls back the curtain on one of the most secretive White Houses in history. He reveals a callow, thin-skinned, arrogant president with messianic dreams of grandeur supported by a cast of true-believers, all of them united by leftist politics and an amateurish understanding of executive leadership.
In The Amateur you’ll discover.
- Why the so-called “centrist” Obama is actually in revolt against the values of the society he was elected to lead
- Why Bill Clinton loathes Barack Obama and tried to get Hillary to run against him in 2012
- The spiteful rivalry between Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey
- How Obama split the Kennedy family
- How Obama has taken more of a personal role in making foreign policy than any president since Richard Nixon—with disastrous results
- How Michelle Obama and Valerie Jarrett are the real powers behind the White House throne
- The Amateur is a reporter’s book,
buttressed by nearly 200 interviews, many of them with the insiders who know
Obama best. The result is the most important political book of the year. You
will never look at Barack Obama the same way again.
I read this book a while ago, and if I had any leanings toward Barack Obama (I didn't), I would have seriously rethought them. Edward Klein shows through interviews and public example how unprepared and unqualified to lead the country. With the possible exception of Valerie Jarrett and Michelle Obama, it shows that Obama doesn't listen to his advisers, and regularly undercuts them.
- With the current political ads on TV with Bill Clinton talking about how Obama is the only one that can lead the country, I found the description of the knock down, drag out fights Bill & Hillary had about her running against Obama interesting.
- With current atmosphere in the middle east and Egypt, and the terrorist attacks on our embassies, this book becomes even more relevant, in its assertion that Barack Obama is an amateur who is unprepared to lead the country, and doesn't care to learn from others.
- The Amateur by Edward Klein is a well written, insightful look at our current President. I would recommend everyone read it before the election.
- The Amateur by Edward Klein is available on www.amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.
- Warning, there is some rough language in some of the iterviews.